Monday, June 10, 2013

MS & Xbox One showed me up

Microsoft's E3 was terrific. With all the flaws of the system itself, with DRM, always online, cloud concern, the Xbox One showed up and wowed everyone. The system itself seems to have what everyone wants and more. The games are there and the features of each game seem to be growing on existing solid features. There are a few standouts from this impressive E3 show.

RYSE: Son of Rome


This was an amazingly stunning game that is exclusive to the Xbox One. It seems like it will be a fun game that allows you to step into the world of the Romans. The gameplay was a little of an issue if there is a slow button sequence, but I feel as though that may be changed or limited after E3. This is definitely a game that I will be looking forward to playing.

MGS V


This is by far the best game that will come out of E3 that will be available for both consoles. The reason this is not the first though is because of course it is not just for the Xbox. However, MS opened with this game and it stunned me. This was a MGS game that feels more like the true successor to MGS 4 rather than a side story. The real time dynamic of weather and new ways to avoid enemies makes me excited. The fact that this is only one part of the MGS V game in total it makes me happy to see. Hopefully it will be available at launch or close to launch.

Sunset Overdrive 


This may be the best game that is new to come out of E3. Where the last two games I mentioned are beautifully graphic wise and wowed me somewhat with their features, this game seems like something that will wow me when I'm playing. The wacky feel of the world of the game and the obvious mutliplayer aspect sets this up to be a true next gen experience. I'm not a huge Insomniac fan, but  I do like this game. It reminds me of  Borderlands in a way. Having Ted Price on stage was a huge blow to Sony, especially when this game is an exclusive. This game along with the many others are making me excited and convincing me to be an early adopter.

No comments:

Post a Comment